Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and that your first days of 2013 are off to a good start.
Today I have a delicious and healthy recipe to add to your collection that is packed with flavor, easy to prepare, and makes use of those leftovers in your refrigerator. Score! I made these patties with leftover turkey, but substituting chicken would be equally as delicious. Serve these tasty patties in a bun topped with mayo, atop a bed of greens, or alongside your favorite side dish for a complete, filling, and healthy meal. Enjoy!
Quick and Easy Turkey Patties
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup panko break crumbs (can also use regular bread crumbs)
- 2 cups shredded leftover turkey or chicken
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. mustard powder
- Black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 onion - finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley - finely chopped
- Cooking spray
- Add turkey and panko to a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Process until fully incorporated, stopping once to scrape the sides of the food processor with a spatula.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Scoop turkey mixture by about 1/4 cup and form into patties with hands. Place patties in skillet and cook about three minutes per side, or until nicely browned.
- Serve atop a hamburger bun with favorite toppings (I like miracle whip, lettuce, and tomato), over a bed of lettuce, or alongside your favorite side.
Recipe inspired by: Healthy Recipes Blog