This year my parents and I had a combined Mother's Day and Father’s Day celebration in mid May when they came out to visit me in Boston. We went out to dinner and then to Blue Man Group, which was a blast. The day was filled with great food, hilarious entertainment, wonderful conversation, and special moments shared with the two greatest parents a girl could ask for.
For those of you celebrating Father's Day this weekend, however, I have a delicious and simple grilled chicken recipe to share with you, which is sure to please everyone at the dinner table. Dad, if we were home together, I'd be making this meal especially for you. The chicken marinades for a few hours in a delicious blend of rosemary, lemon, worcestershire, and ranch, resulting in a juicy, tender piece of chicken that is anything but boring. What’s more, it is incredibly easy to prepare. So if you’re searching for a delicious chicken recipe, look no further. This one is sure to please.
Paula's Notes: I like to make a double batch of the marinade and use half of it to marinate mushrooms, peppers, and onions. I place the marinated vegetables in a packet of aluminum foil and grill them along side the chicken. Delicious!
Rosemary Ranch Chicken
Prep time: 5 minutes
Marinade time: At least 30 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken)
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 tbls. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbls. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 lb. chicken breast halves - pounded thin
- In a small bowl whisk together the first five ingredients to create marinade.
- Pour marinade into a large ziplock bag and add the chicken.
- Seal the bag and squish the marinade all around the chicken.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow chicken to marinade at least 30 minutes. (I like to do all day - prep in the morning and prepare after work.)
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Grill chicken for about 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, and the juice runs clear.