This week I went to the grocery store to pick up some zucchini to make zoodles (recipe coming soon), and upon returning home, realized I bought four cucumbers instead; don’t ask, it has been a rough week.
Now I love cucumbers as much as the next person - they are so cool and refreshing. Four cucumbers, however, without meaning to buy them is a bit much. I can only eat so many cucumber slices dipped in ranch dressing.
Therefore, this afternoon I decided to get creative and whip up a quick snack. Filled with protein-packed, garlicky cottage cheese, and topped with a sprinkling of green onions, these stuffed cucumbers are a perfect pick-me-up for any time of the day. Enjoy!
What are you favorite cucumber recipes? PLEASE let me know below - I have a few more cucumbers to use up!
Stuffed CucumbersServes: 1
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and sliced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (Lactaid makes a lactose free variety)
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 green onion, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl combine cottage cheese, garlic powder, sliced green onion, salt, and pepper.
- Using a small spoon, scoop out the inside of each cucumber slice; be careful to leave the bottom of each slice intact as you don't want to cottage cheese to fall through.
- Generously fill each cucumber slice with cottage cheese mixture and enjoy!