Luckily I was out of candy in the house so I had to think bigger... or smaller. What did I have that would satisfy this craving?
I found this super easy recipe on Pinterest, I have no idea where it came from, but will attach the link to the Pinterest pic.
Peanut butter and chocolate chips would surely satisfy my grumbling tummy. Add in some flax seed, honey and oats and you've got yourself a super fast, healthy and more importantly, delicious protein boost, that makes up for not having candy around the house.
My cravings are gone and I didn't house a big candy bar to do it. Genius! What are your quick craving cures?
Peanut Butter Energy BitesYield: 15
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I like chunky)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Mix peanut butter, honey and vanilla in separate bowl.
- Add peanut butter mix to dry ingredients.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and roll balls of mix onto sheet.
- Put in fridge for a couple hours to allow everything to set.